NetApp Breaking SnapMirror Volumes⚓︎
Once a SnapMirror is setup both the Source and Destination volumes require special consideration if you are to later break the mirror.
- Update the Source volume to the Destination if you can NetApp SnapMirror Updating
- This step syncs all data to make sure the mirror is up to date
- Quiesce the Destination volumes
snapmirror quiesce -destination-path svm-with-volumes:my_vol_dr
- This step waits for all volume SnapMirror transfers to complete, and blocks any further updates.
- Delete the Destination SnapMirror relationship
snapmirror delete -destination-path svm-with-volumes:my_vol_dr
- This step deletes the SnapMirror relationship on the Destination volume.
- Break the Destination SnapMirror relationship
snapmirror break -destination-path svm-with-volumes:my_vol_dr
- This step changes the volume from a ‘dp’ type to ‘rw’ so we can write to it.
- Release the Source SnapMirror relationship on the Source Cluster
snapmirror release -source-vserver svm-with-volumes -source-volume my_vol *
- This step ends the relationship between the source and destinations snapshots, allowing the Source to delete its base SnapMirror copy.